Stares and Fright.

..but si when people look at me, they think me ni punk.

Yes, because you’re very pretty.

You giggle; it’s throaty.
Like a laugh that won’t grow up.

You want to talk. I want to stare.

Yeah.. but you know I don’t like it.

What? Being pretty or people staring?

You look daggers at me.

What do you think? Duuh! Silly. The staring.

You slap my thigh.
It stings.
I perish the thought.
Lucky me. My jeans are freshly scrubbed.

You sit beside me, thighs touching.

Yeah.. that’s why I pass here. My bro showed me this chuom here.

Haina usororaji.

True..this is better. I also really don’t like being watched.
Now pass me my blunt.

I dab silently, I’m thinking of you.

The chemical euphoria slowly gives way to a silent calm.

You know I’ve never had sex?

Waaaah!!  I’m patronizing.

You must know I won’t believe.
You feel you have to tell me, I listen.

I just feel like I should start when it’s right.

But I know Stoner chicks are kinda loose.

I don’t mean to be belligerent.
I assume you understand.

Haaaaar!! Not me, I hang out with these Campo-boys but I don’t screw around.

I know. I say sheepishly. 

I believe you lie.
I have trust issues.
I want to sleep with you.

You’ve got your hand on my lap, my arm's on your shoulder.
Friending.

I want to start the caresses that call so loud.
I begin.
Then I stop.

We dab in silence.
You love Shashamane, and I’m loving you because you love what I love.

But we are both afraid.
I was.

I fail to deconstruct you.
Sudoku maestro level.
I believe it’s because you get me flustered without even trying or knowing.

You said you pass through my place so that no one gets to witness your pretty.
I fail to understand.

You swipe right, left, up, down.
You want an Uber, I want you take a Mat.
You think that’s very resourceful of me.
I get the notion of sarcasm leaking through.

You took a Mat..

You headed to your Sister’s at Mombasa Road.
It was Sunday afternoon.
You said you'd be back in the night.
I didn’t wait.
I closed shop early.

You got resourceful too.
You found me.
You decided to sleep with me.

I’m still afraid.
You still hate the staring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A UGANDAN CLASSIC by TIMOTHY WANGUSA.

letter from a contract worker - Antonio Jacinto

Ticket Information for THE STORY MOJA FESTIVAL