The Times


I remember correctly
How could I forget?
I know now why the silence
Hang loud in the air.

I hated that.

I was teetotaling,
Teetering, fumbling..
You sipped blacks,
I made do with the ciggies.

You hated those by the way.

He made you feel better
I hid my face
My room was messy
Roaches, butts, ashes.

I figured you hated those too.

I remember; don’t worry.
You were nervous, raw.
It hang in the air
These chemical concoctions out of our heads.

I hated him, I just couldn’t tell.

You know I wanted it
I knew you wanted it.
It was strange, this thing.
How you devoured them.

I hated that, Lord knows.
There was going to be three of us.
We did business
We couldn’t afford messes.

I drowned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A UGANDAN CLASSIC by TIMOTHY WANGUSA.

letter from a contract worker - Antonio Jacinto

Ticket Information for THE STORY MOJA FESTIVAL