longing for...

The last time I saw you
I was behind the library
Sitting on the grass writing poetry.
I saw you walking my way
And thought that your belly was too fat lately.
You wanted us to embrace but I didn’t.
Then you wanted us to walk but again I thought different.
You said I wasn’t the man you fell in love with.

I thought you were bluffing

You went away for 4 months internship.
I called after a month
And said I loved you but you kept silent.
You wrote me a text
And said it was only right for both of us to move on

You broke my heart
I failed to cry but wailed inside

You said you’d try to love me again.

I asked if you’d began missing me. You laughed loud and I felt good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A UGANDAN CLASSIC by TIMOTHY WANGUSA.

letter from a contract worker - Antonio Jacinto

Ticket Information for THE STORY MOJA FESTIVAL