homeward bound...

Ghosts float in the air around me
Leaving me in a mass of white footprints
As they trample
Upon my helpless self.
They whirl and twirl around me
Like Bushmen performing a dance for their rain god.
I press shut my ears and eyes
But I only hear and see them better
And the torment they sink me into is now worse.

I hold hard to anything around me
But in my gropping, my hands are held hard.
Finally they’ve had me...
It’s dark and I try to kick and wail with all my might
I know it’s a losing try but I still fight hard,
Finally I give in and I’m lifted sky high
I hear their triumphant laugh in an echo
Then it sinks in,
Hell is now my home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A UGANDAN CLASSIC by TIMOTHY WANGUSA.

letter from a contract worker - Antonio Jacinto

Ticket Information for THE STORY MOJA FESTIVAL